Our Regina-based catering business is mature with lots of room to grow. We are looking for a leader to join our operations and grow with us in all areas of our business. We are one of the most recognized and widely respected brands in our industry. We have a 15-year legacy of serving our World Championship BBQ food across Western Canada – with the largest mobile BBQ operation outside of Ontario.
We are looking for someone to cook and execute our catering events, with food truck operation as time permits. Manager will order food and supplies, monitor inventory, and plan future needs. Supervise other staff.
– Execute Catering events – including but not limited to ordering food, plan food preparation, plan staffing, Cook food, oversee service and cleanup.
– Cook for catering & food truck, supervise food prep.
– Identify and solve problems, including scheduling, operations, and equipment cleaning / maintenance
– Maintain our reputation for Championship-quality food and excellent customer service
– Help and grow in other areas of the business – including travel to events such as competitions, ribfests, classes / seminars and trade shows
3+ years of customer service and/or restaurant experience
1+ years of food service management experience
Class 5 license is mandatory, trailer towing experience is nice to have
Mechanically inclined, with the ability to deal with equipment issues and breakdowns.
A passion for grilling / barbecue is desired but not mandatory
Ability to learn quickly.
Excellent verbal and communication skills
Ability to build relationships with customers and other team members.
Excellent organizational, time management and delegation skills
Energetic, Flexible, high level of initiative
Genuine passion to provide extraordinary customer service
E-mail your resume to Rob, with a brief note detailing your background and availability for an interview, either in person (Regina or Calgary) or via Zoom.
– Flexible Schedule, provided that our operational and customer commitments are met
– Seasonal Full Time through December, with option to continue over the winter.
We strive to provide a work environment that fosters long term success for our employees. Our many repeat seasonal staff will attest to the culture we’ve developed that rewards individual performance, problem solving, positive attitudes, and operational improvements. We aim to have fun on every day we work; This is barbecue after all. This environment can be seen in this behind-the-scenes video from 2022: “Working at Prairie”
– Excellent Hourly pay with incentive bonuses, tips, end-of-season profit sharing. Long term partnership opportunities.
– Out of Province applicants are eligible for reimbursement of moving expenses and rent subsidy.